Professional Photographic Art Documentation
KeneK Photography specializes in art documentation: high-quality, professional photographs of artwork tailored to the clients particular needs. We cater to artists, collectors, museums, auction houses, foundations, and estates. We use state of the art equipment and meticulously designed lighting to provide the client with accurate and striking images of their work. Superior images of an artists work are essential, as they often are the first impression of the artwork. The shoots are custom tailored to the client's needs; we discuss their expectations and what the intended use of the image will be, as this determines the way their work is photographed. We work with artist clients to better understand their art and process; we develop a rapport with them to facilitate the best results for each project. Sessions may take place on location or in our studio. We attach all pertinent information—such as title, dimensions, medium, and year—about each piece to its image file. This information must either be provided by the client, or we can collect and notate it during the shoot.
Art Documentation Photography Pricing & Information
On Location Photography with mobile studio
$200 for first hour on location
$100 each additional hour on location
Travel Fees apply on locations more than 20 miles from Allentown,PA,parking & tolls will be billed to the client
$75 up to 50 miles from Allentown, PA
$75/hr of travel for all other locations
In House Photography
suitable for small flats or handheld works or up to 3 medium flats or tabletop
*The time it takes to photograph artwork varies based on size, type, location, material, familiarity with the work and your intended use for the photo.
Please provide us with quantity, dimensions, descriptions, location, and any other pertinent information for a detailed quote.
The following items are included with all Art Documentation Photography services:
- Work will be photographed with all necessary lighting to accurately represent the piece and provide you with images that meet your needs.
- A basic background or backdrop using your materials or a selection of ours, if needed.
- Basic photoshopping such as standard dust removal and cropping.
The following items are not included and will be agreed upon in advance:
- An assistant – A fee of $25/hr, including travel time, will be charged if an assistant is necessary.
- Custom background, materials, or equipment needed.
- Extensive photoshopping needs (i.e. removal of nuisance background items, extending background, cleaning dirt off artwork) will be charged at a rate of $30/hr.
A 6% PA sales tax will be added to all of our service fees and products. For work completed out of state that states sales tax rate will apply.
Loading more pages